Monday, May 31, 2010

Stuff We Do


Instead of wasting my time in front of the TV, I have started sorting and categorizing all of our family photos. I bought several photo keepers, each with 12 individual photo cases. I am sorting the photos by name for each child, Michelle, and me. I also sort separately all photos that have more than one family member. I have separate cases for any photos with a parent or grandparent of mine or Michelle's in the photo. Finally, I have separate cases for miscellaneous people (cousins, friends, etc.). As of now, I have sorted around 5000 photos, trimming many of them to fit the cases, and cleaning off tape and preserving fragile ones in acid-free sleeves. Some day, my posterity will rise up and bless my name! Or not. Either way, I have really enjoyed looking at all of those photos and walking down memory lane. (Some of them are blackmail material, so be nice to me).


Every Monday morning Michelle keeps the computer nearby while she gets ready for the day. In this way, she can see the very second Mitchell's email comes in from the Mission. Then, she emails him in "real time" to make sure he is still alive, and he answers a few of her interrogatories on the spot. What a super missionary mommy!

4 comments:

grandmasmith said...

Where do you buy the photo keepers? This is something I should be doing. I have no more room for the old type photo albums.

pamelasue said...

Wow! I am so impressed. I do believe they will call you blessed! Love the picture of Michelle, I totally relate--only I don't look as cute in a towel:)

holo said...

The product is called "double photokeeper" made by a company called IRIS. I got it at Space Savers, http://www.spacesavers.com/double-photo-keeper.html. Amazon lists them here: http://www.amazon.com/Large-Photo-Keeper-12-Cases/dp/B001MY9Z7M/ref=sr_1_1/186-0105616-6599728?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1275618224&sr=8-1

Rachel said...

I love you guys! Such awesome parents!

Followers